World Freight Australia Pty Ltd T/A World Baggage and its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and its franchisees (collectively "World Baggage", "we", "us", "our") strive to provide customers with an efficient, professional and ethical level of service. We not only comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, as required by the amendments to the Privacy Act, but also have our own existing obligations to confidentiality of information.
This statement is provided to explain how we manage the personal information, that is, information about you or which may identify you, that we collect, use, hold and disclose in the operation of our business.
Our overall objective
World Baggage operates a logistics services business that provides one stop shop solutions for customers in sending their unaccompanied baggage and excess baggage around the world.
What personal information does World Baggage collect?
Generally, we collect the following types of personal information:
- personal names, addresses, contact numbers, credit card information and any other information provided during the estimate and operational processes
- information required to execute your delivery instructions;
- information about employees of companies with whom we conduct business
- your business dealings with us,
Where possible, we collect personal information directly from the individual to whom the personal information relates, although sometimes it is not reasonable or practical to do so, such as where we collect your personal information from a customer who is sending you a package, or where your organisation provides your personal information as a business contact. In these instances we assume that the person giving the information is properly authorised to provide us with your personal information.
For what purposes does World Baggage handle personal information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to interact with you;
- to carry out our parcel delivery and freighting services;
- to carry out transactions with you, such as to process payments and deliver products to you;
- to maintain our business records and otherwise to run our business, including for the purposes of administration within the business system;
- to communicate company matters, products, services and special promotions that might be relevant;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of World Baggage;
- to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of its employees or the public;
- for any purpose required or permitted by law;
- for any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented;
- for any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect; and
- otherwise to run our business.
Our disclosure of personal information
- our service providers, including IT services, insurers, financial institutions, mailing houses, etc;
- our related companies, business partners and amongst World Baggage;
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities; and
- your agents and representatives.
As part of our normal business operations, we store personal information on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities, which may be outside Australia, in the United States of America, Singapore, and India. As part of making overseas deliveries, we may also disclose your personal information to people in the destination country, or other countries associated with making the delivery.
Access to personal information
You may seek access to the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us on the details provided below. Access to personal information will be granted to a correctly identified person on any weekday during office hours provided that reasonable notice is given. Only hard copies of any relevant personal information will be provided. This is because some computer data may include confidential references other than the personal details requested.
On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. Access to personal information will be provided on the basis that a reasonable fee is paid for retrieval of the information. Where such payment is not made access will be denied until the payment is made.
Accuracy of personal information
The personal information we hold will be as understood at the time of the last communication. We seek to ensure that the personal information that we collect, hold and use is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and that the personal information that we disclose to third parties is also relevant.
Customers may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us. We will deal with all requests within a reasonable time. We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse, we will provide you with a written notice explaining the basis for our refusal.
We may use your personal information in order to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving our communications at any time by asking us using the contact details below. Security of personal information
World Baggage protects your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect data held by us.
A cookie is a small text file our website places on your internet browser when you visit our website. We use the cookie to customise your experience of our website to collect information about usage of our website. A cookie cannot usually be used to identify you. You can change two settings on your browser to reject cookies.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way in which World Baggage handles your personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under the Privacy Act, you may contact us on the details below. We respond to all complaints as soon as possible.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 9921300 363 992 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Contacting World Baggage
If you wish to discuss this statement or ask our office any questions in relation to the use and disclosure of your information, you may contact us during normal business hours at World Baggage National Office.
6 Lorna Close
Bundanoon, NSW 2578